Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating a website from HTML to Episerver

Vote:

Hi, I have a HTML website that has .css and .js as well as .html files. Basically its a complete website built with html, now how can I migrate it to Episerver CMS(Visual Studio 2019 extension)
Kindly someone help me here. I want not only HTML website but also PHP websites. Regards

Oct 31, 2020 11:33
Vote:

If you only want to serve static content then Episerver cms, or any full featured cms is overkill. If you want to learn about episerver cms however, there is an user guide and developer guide available for free

Nov 01, 2020 13:56
Vote:

Please, is it possible to do the migration the site???

Nov 01, 2020 15:41
Vote:

Sure, you can migrate the static content from HTML pages to Episerver CMS. But there is no quick migration tool to do it.

You will basically need to:

1. Set up an Episerver site.
  2. Create relevant content types and templates.
  3. Deploy the site to a server or a cloud.
  4. Manually copy all content from your HTML pages to Episerver content items (pages, blocks and media).

As Quan wrote, it is all pretty well documented on this site.

Nov 01, 2020 21:03
Vote:

Thank you Stefan Olsen for the support... Can you kindly link me to the documentation or the video tutoarial for the whole task of migrating. Regards

Nov 02, 2020 5:11
Vote:

This is the starting point for creating and developing an Episerver site: Episerver CMS Developer Guides.

Migrating the content is the very last thing you need to do. And you need to familiarize yourself with the Episerver UI. Episerver CMS User Guide.

Nov 02, 2020 8:11
Vote:

Stefan, can I convert a wordpress site to Episerver MVC project? And how??

Nov 05, 2020 5:13
Stefan Holm Olsen - Nov 05, 2020 5:36
Short answer: no, you cannot convert. You need to rebuild the site on Episerver and then copy all the content.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.