Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Maintain Database Indexes Job is failing after the upgrade to the latest of Commerce 13 and CMS 11

Vote:

We recently upgrade to the latest of Episerver Commerce 13.24.0 and Episerver CMS to 11.19.0

Since the upgrade we are seeing this below error in(red) "Maintain Database Indexes". It takes about 30 minutes to 20 minutes and then times out. In integration environment I have tried executing the queries (SP "EpiAzureSQLMaintenance" in both cms and commerce DB) directly and they seem to run just fine, and finish in seconds. But when running via the sceduled job, it fails.

Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. [The wait operation timed out]

Oct 21, 2020 17:15
Vote:

That is strange. But you can just run the script on production DB as well. time out usually happens when the indexes are very fragmented, so if you pre-defrag them it will take less time to rebuild.

You can also adjust episerver::DataBaseIndicesJobCommandTimeOut to even higher value. But if that does not help then you are welcome to contact developer support service for further assistance

Oct 22, 2020 7:54
Vote:

We are hosted in DCX. So can't really do anything on production DB. Will try to increase the value of this config and see if that helps. Or else create a support ticket where they can give us more detailed error logs.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2020 18:49
Vote:

Hi Sapna

I had this same error once. So I wrote to support desk and they ran it manually during off-peak hours. After that I changed the scheduled job to run slightly more often.

Oct 22, 2020 19:39
Vote:

You can request managed services to maintain the indexes for you. They have a runbook for DXP which does the same as the script

Oct 23, 2020 5:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.