Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS UI refresh (V11.23.3) doesn't persist selected edit mode

Vote:

Unfortunately, the CMS no longer remembers the content editor's last selected edit mode, which was a nice feature. The CMS always loads the In-Page Editing Mode.

How to replicate:

1. Edit a page
  2. Switch to All Properties Edit Mode
  3. Edit a different page and notice In-Page Editing Mode is active, instead of All Properties Edit Mode.
Jan 31, 2020 0:33
Vote:

Glad to know we're not the only ones experiencing this issue. It's not just switching to a different page that triggers the edit mode back. Editing block attributes and publishing cause this behavior as well. It's really frustrating.

Jan 31, 2020 14:50
Vote:

Perhaps you should log this issue in the Feature requests forum:

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Feature-requests/

Feb 03, 2020 17:08
Vote:

Thanks for the idea, Bob. I was wondering how to report bugs or request features. I've requested the feature: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Feature-requests/Thread-Container/2020/2/cms-ui-refresh-v11.23.3-persists-selected-edit-mode/

Feb 03, 2020 23:27
Vote:

Sticky view mode (link) was a feature present prior to the UI refresh. Quote from the comments section: «Best feature since sliced bread!»

Was it intentionally removed?

If yes, I think it should have been announced as a breaking change.
If no, I think this should be considered a bug, not a feature request.

Edited, Feb 04, 2020 7:13
Vote:

It must be a bug, it works for some editors but not for all. 

For me a fix was to log into edit, open developer tools, clearing all local storage/session storage/cookies, and then logging in again. After that sticky has worked. 

A client did the same, but not with the same luck.. sticky still gone.

Feb 04, 2020 7:27
Vote:

We also upgraded and have the same bug. It seems the global menu CMS link adds "..Home/Index/.." to the cms url. This is not happening when clicking the cms button from the website itself.

We told our content managers to just remove the "Home/Index/" from the url manually until the link is fixed in EPiServer. This workaround should fix the sticky.

Feb 05, 2020 15:49
Vote:

@Cees Removing "Home/Index/" from the URL manually works for me too. Good find!

Feb 05, 2020 22:48
Vote:

Edited, Feb 06, 2020 0:49
Matt Smith - Feb 16, 2020 22:38
Thanks for the update. I tested the bug fix and confirm it's resolved.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.