Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE Default Toolbar Not Applied

Vote:

Epi 11 TinyMCE v2

Hi I'm having an issue configuring the default toolbar for TinyMCE, using the simplified example below the formatselect dropdown is applied OK but the toolbar still contains the default buttons/options

config.Default()
  .AddEpiserverSupport()
  .Toolbar("formatselect cut copy paste")
  .BlockFormats("paragraph=p;")
  .Height(300)
  .Width(580);

If I apply the same settings to a specific page and property it's renders as expected

config.For<StandardPage>(t => t.MainBodyContent, config.Empty())
  .AddEpiserverSupport()
  .Height(300)
  .Width(580);

I can't see what I'm doing wrong for the default setting which I need to apply globally

Thanks,

Jason

Aug 16, 2019 1:51
Vote:

Hi Jason,

I'm guessing you're applying that configuration within the ConfigureContainer method of an IConfigurableModule? Have you specified a dependency on TinyMceInitialization with a [ModuleDependency(typeof(TinyMceInitialization))] like this?

[ModuleDependency(typeof(TinyMceInitialization))]
public class CustomizedTinyMceInitialization : IConfigurableModule
{
    public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
    {
    }

public void Uninitialize(InitializationEngine context)
    {
    }

public void ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context)
    {
        context.Services.Configure<TinyMceConfiguration>(config =>
        {
            config.Default()
                .AddEpiserverSupport()
                .Height(300)
                .Width(580);

});
    }
}

Without that dependency your IConfigurableModule would most likely execute before the default TinyMCE initialisation so your settings would be overridden by the defaults.

Aug 16, 2019 11:25
Vote:

Hi Paul

Thanks for responding, yes the configuration is within a ConfigureContainer method of an IConfigurableModule and the ModuleDependency is set correctly.

The strange thing is that the .BlockFormats are applied as expected but not the toolbar, and the toolbar changes are applied correctly to a specific page type and property but not globally.

Aug 17, 2019 10:44
Vote:

Hi Jason,

My guess is that TinyMCE is being configured somewhere else in another IConfigurable module with the settings from screenshot n°1.

Aug 20, 2019 10:45
Jason McBratney - Aug 22, 2019 6:30
Thanks, you were right, ImageVault was overriding the custom settings.
Vote:

I'm working with Jason on this project and found the issue.

We're using ImageVault and found that we needed to have a module dependency of [ModuleDependency(typeof(ImageVaultTinyMceModule))] rather than of [ModuleDependency(typeof(TinyMceInitialization))] which was overriding our custom settings.

Changing this resolved the issue and our custom settings were then applied as expected.

Aug 22, 2019 6:17
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.