Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Net Core Support (Official Response Requested)

Vote:

Hi, I know I have asked this before but I'm going to ask again as there has been no official response yet. We are looking at moving all our applications to the cloud and as part of this would like to move all our .Net applications to .Net Core. Microsoft has officially announced that .Net Core is the future so everyone will need to move there applications eventually. To help us with planning our migration to a cloud based architecture we need to know when EPiServer will support .Net Core as this will impact what we can use to host EPiServer. Microsoft has given us their roadmap for the future of .Net and also indicated that .Net Framework 4.8 will be the last release of the old framework. As .Net Core brings significant performance and memory usage improvements it is very desirable when doing a cloud migration. I know the roadmap webinar posted recently mentioned .Net Core but gave no specific details. Can we get an official response on either what the roadmap is or when we will know when the roadmap is available. We are also starting to plan the refresh of our web site and a .Net Core roadmap (or lack of one) will factor into this. Thanks

Aug 08, 2019 6:44
Vote:

Hi Alex. Episerver's support for .Net Core is certainly part of the roadmap. In fact, on our strategic roadmap, it is actually point #2, as we know it is important to continue to innovate for agility and efficiency. You are likely aware that switching from .Net Framework 4.x to .Net Core is not a simple task. Our product development teams have been hard at work to make this happen. We should start seeing more release information over the next 6 months, and it will be discussed further at Ascend 2019 in Miami Beach.

Aug 08, 2019 7:31
Vote:

We are working on ASP.NET Core support at the moment. Check-out https://world.episerver.com/blogs/martin-ottosen/dates/2019/12/asp-net-core-beta-program/ for more information.

Dec 17, 2019 13:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.