Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Delete CMS related content via SQL query/stored procedure?

Vote:

Is there a way to delete out CMS related data that is being indexted by EPI Find? I've ran into the constraint for the EPI Find trial, and it's indexing file items in the CMS catelog. Unfortunately I don't have access to the catalog through the CMS interface, as the site is in tranistion stage, and is throwing an error in the migration process, related to too much data within the Find table index. I need to drop the content without entering the CMS interface.

This is related to getting a sample Find instance up and running, that will allow us to query our catelog to retrieve results - and this sample database from our catelog doesn't need to have this content indexed for our Find example to work. Any assistance in dropping this data from the DB would be exellent.

Thank you.

Edited, Aug 19, 2019 18:35
Vote:

Hi Sean

You can clear your find Index and then maybe try something like this to decide on whether or not a piece of content should be Indexed.

[InitializableModule]
    [ModuleDependency(typeof(EPiServer.Find.FindInitializationModule))]
    public class FindConfigurationModule : IConfigurableModule
    {
        public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {
            EPiServer.Find.Cms.ContentIndexer
            .Instance.Conventions.ForInstancesOf<TType>()
            .ShouldIndex(t => true);
        }
      //....
     }
Edited, Aug 20, 2019 11:51
Vote:

EpiFind's index service is continiously running and (re)indexing your content during runtime. 

So in answer to your question, no, it's not as straightforward as removing it from a database table.

Even if you did find a way to manipulate the data within the index and remove it manually, it will just reindex and the limit threshold within your find license will be breached again.

You can, however, do it from code. 

See the documentation here: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/find/NET-Client-API/Deleting-documents/ 

Just be warey though that the content will reindex for the reasons mentioned above, so you need to also ensure that you explicitlity configure find to exclude the content type from the index, as shown in the example above. There are some more detailed examples in Henrik Fransas's blog post here: https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Henrik-Fransas/Dates/2015/5/adding-episerver-find-to-alloy---part-2/ 

Edited, Aug 20, 2019 12:49
Vote:

Hi Sean

Are you running DXC Service? If so then you can contact your customer success manager and request a development index which should match the production one which means you shouldn't need to use the free indexes. 

David

Aug 20, 2019 18:24
Vote:

Thanks for the responses, I will try to apply the above to our solution. David, unfortunately I don't have a Production Find Index, I'm trying to setup a local example to query the sample Find index, but running into issues related to the index being exceeded, and stuck in the migration phase due to it having too many documents.

Aug 20, 2019 18:29
David Knipe - Aug 20, 2019 18:43
Are running DXC Service Sean?
Sean Haddy - Aug 20, 2019 18:46
David, yes, but we are not currently running Find on DXC
David Knipe - Aug 21, 2019 10:36
If you have DXC Service then you can ask your customer success manager for a development index to match the one that you have available in production - even if you are not using it in prod. Every DXC Service subscription comes with Find.
Vote:

Hi Sean

I think David is saying contact Episerver customer service and ask for development index that is as big as production (they might give you for limited time use)

Episerver would not give you production index key but you can login to azure portal and use INT find index (it is unlimited as well) and test it with your local envoirnment.  

Aug 21, 2019 13:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.