Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding premium plugins like LinkChecker to Episerver's TinyMCE

Vote:

Hi all, 

We have obtained a premium license for TinyMCE to be hosted on premises.

We would like to add some of the premium plugins that were included in the license into the WYSIWYG editor for our content authors to use, specifically linkchecker and spellchecker. 

Does anyone know how we can achieve this?

Cheers,

Raquel

Edited, Aug 09, 2019 7:16
Vote:

You can refer TinyMCE editor cutomization documentations here (additional links on that page too for more configuration information).

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/add-ons/customizing-the-tinymce-editor-v2/plug-ins/

It will help you to add plugin in TinyMCE.

Aug 09, 2019 9:05
Vote:

Any specifics please? 

I have added the following into CustomTinyMCEInitialization and also added the linkchecker folder into same folder of tinyMCE in modules\_protected\EPiServer.Cms.TinyMce but doesn't seem to be having any effect.

private const string Plugins = @"code epi-link epi-image-editor epi-dnd-processor
epi-personalized-content print preview searchreplace
autolink directionality visualblocks visualchars linkchecker
fullscreen image link media template codesample table charmap
hr pagebreak nonbreaking anchor toc insertdatetime advlist lists
textcolor wordcount imagetools contextmenu colorpicker textpattern help";

public void ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context)
{
config.Default()
.Width(0)
.Menubar("file edit insert view format table tools")
.AddPlugin(Plugins)
});
}
Edited, Aug 09, 2019 9:34
Vote:

Here is an example from my working site.

public void ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context)
{
    context.Services.Configure<TinyMceConfiguration>(config =>
    {
        config.Default()
            .AddEpiserverSupport()
            .AddPlugin(DefaultValues.EpiserverPlugins, "code contextmenu")
            .Toolbar("bold italic underline strikethrough subscript superscript epi-link code");
    }
}
Aug 09, 2019 9:42
Vote:

The other plugins on our site also works except for the LinkChecker. I will be interested to know if anyone has added a premium plugin for TinyMCE separate from the other free plugins.

We have also done custom plugins which were fine so not sure why the premium linkchecker for TinyMCE is not working.

Aug 09, 2019 9:48
Praful Jangid - Aug 09, 2019 10:02
Have you tried these configuration documentation?
https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/plugins/tinymcespellchecker/
Check the Self Hosted installation in above link.
It sounds like difficult configuration steps (see below link)
https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/enterprise/server/
Vote:

Hey Raquel,

Please refer below article from Episerver-

https://world.episerver.com/add-ons/spellchecker-for-tinymce/configuring-spellchecker-for-tinymce/

Thanks

Ravindra

Aug 12, 2019 9:17
Vote:

Hey Raquel,

Are you able to resolve this issue?

Aug 16, 2019 13:55
Vote:

We haven't had any luck with this so far. Contacted App Services at epi and the advice is to use epi's tinymce plugins. However, they don't have an equivalent plugin for tinymce's linkchecker. 

Epi also recommends getting the same version of the plugins for the built in tinymce. However, as our CMS version uses 4.7.13 and tinymce advised us that they can no longer supply plugins for this version, not sure what to do. 

I've tried installing the 4.9.4 plugin into the epi tinymce instance but it doesn't seem to work for me. 

Aug 19, 2019 8:09
Vote:

Any update on How to include Premium Plugin like powerpaste to Episerver TinyMCE?

Aug 28, 2019 11:37
Vote:

We have contacted someone from epi's expert services who said that for this to be self-hosted, we would have to install a TomCat server to host it and point to it so we can use it. It is apparently a complex process and we haven't had the chance to do it yet in our environment. Just hoping that this might point someone else who is having a similar issue to the right direction! If anyone else has done it and can provide better instructions, it'll be much appreciated!

Aug 29, 2019 1:21
Gaurav Bhatia - Aug 29, 2019 7:49
Thanks Raquel!
One more question: Can't I directly use .AddExternalPlugin method If I have the premium-plugin js file?
Example:
config.Default()
.AddExternalPlugin("custom-plugin", "alloy/plugins/custom-plugin.js");
Raquel - Aug 29, 2019 7:54
I tried that but that didn't work for me
Gaurav Bhatia - Aug 29, 2019 7:55
Thanks Raquel!
Raquel - Aug 30, 2019 4:48
TinyMCE came back and told us that some of the plugins like LinkChecker and SpellChecker have server side components.

I'm guessing that other plugins would only be client-side then and will work by using .AddExternalPlugin method. Try it as it may work depending on the plugin you are after.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.