Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using Service API with Web API

Vote:

I added Service API to my application in order to process some data manipulation, but after I did that, my Web API calls stopped working. This is a know issue as described here (<a "="" forum="" developer-forum="" -episerver-75-cms="" thread-container="" 2016="" 9="" service-api-invalides-authentication-for-standard-web-api-controllers="" ),"="">https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2016/9/service-api-invalides-authentication-for-standard-web-api-controllers/), and after reading that I understand why Service API breaks it. What I don't understand and what doesn't seem to be explained there is how to get it to work again. Is there a way to get both of them to work together without changing the authentication works on Web API? That post mentions disabling something and contains a line of code relating to removing a MessageHandler, but it isn't clear to me what that is for.

Can someone explain this to me with a bit more info? (I'm not well versed in authentication techniques so maybe that explaination just went right over my head)

Thanks!

May 04, 2019 11:50
Vote:

The suggested workaround is to install ServiceApi on a separate site instead. No other option has been good enough

May 04, 2019 11:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.