Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Orange "Episerver" button adding namespace to path - causing broken link

Vote:

This is something funky I just noticed in my development enviorment, and I'd like to fix before I push my code out to production.

It seems like my project just started adding the namespace to the defuault workarea URL. I really have no clue why.  

So instead of

<a href="localhost:port/EPiServer/Cms/?...  

it is now

<a href="localhost:port/<namespace>/EPiServer/CMS/?...

It is also adding the namespace to the links to the thumbnails for blocks and pages. 

I've looked up and down the web config in my dev enviorment and can't seem to find where the namesapce to these links are coming from.  

Any ideas on how I can get these links working again before I make a push to our production?

May 08, 2019 20:59
Vote:

Hi Valina,

Does this issue only arise when you try to access the work area via the orange bar?  If so, can you provide a snippet for how you are rendering out the bar in your View?

May 10, 2019 17:15
Vote:

Annnnnd I figured it out..

My coworker was working on another issue and changed the website name in the admin and forgot to change it back.  He added the namespace on his end.  

Since we both use the same development database it broke the links on my end broke :P

May 10, 2019 22:52
Vote:

Glad it was something simple!

May 10, 2019 22:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.