Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export/Import and ARR Affinity Azure

Vote:

We're facing some issues with Export/Import functionality on Azure when ARR Affinity is not enabled on an Azure Web App. This setting makes sure that each request is sent to the same instance based on the cookie. When disabled the exporter sometimes doesn't respond when starting (no counters are shown). Sometimes it shows counters but the file doesn't seem to exist when the export is finished. Is this known behavior that ARR should be enabled in order to let the importer/exporter work as expected on Azure?

Edited, Apr 10, 2019 11:38
Vote:

Hi Jeroen,

Are you talking about the Azure database export or the CMS package export?

Apr 10, 2019 13:02
Vote:

The CMS export/import functionality to export/import content from the CMS. We use it to transform content from an TEST to an ACC or Production environment without the need to create all content again. And it saves us from DB copies as we use shared environments with multiple websites on a single instance.

Apr 10, 2019 14:08
Vote:

Hi Jeroen,

As I understand it, the export process consists of three parts. In the first part, clicking the export button starts the export process in the background. There's then a series of XHR requests made to check the status of the export then, once the status call reports that the export is complete, there's a final call to prompt the download of the file. This export process occurs on a single server so, for the process to work end-to-end, the requests all need to be handled by the same server.

If the session affinity thing is a deal-breaker and your license allows, one option might be to set up a separate web app for editing linked to the same database, service bus and blob storage as the public-facing site.

Apr 11, 2019 10:29
Vote:

@Paul: I had the same thougth about this, but the thing is that I can't find any official statement or documentation that this setting needs to be enabled in order to let this work properly. My conclusion is so far that on Azure Web Apps ARR Affinity needs to be enabled to let CMS Export/Import functionality work properly. So I was more looking for a confirmation if this really is the case or that this is a bug that it also should work without ARR Affinity enabled.

Apr 11, 2019 10:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.