Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Preferred Virtual Machine Series (Azure) for Episerver CMS (version 11.10.1)

Vote:

Good Morning

I would like to know whether anyone on the forum has experience on installing Episerver CMS (version 11.10.1) specifically on Microsoft Azure B-Series (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/introducing-b-series-our-new-burstable-vm-size/) Virtual Machines? The environment would be load-balanced using an Application Gateway (Layer 7), Azure SQL database and blobs being stored in Storage Accounts.

If you have attempted this, have you experienced any adverse effects -or- would you actually recommend it?

Thanks,

George

Edited, Oct 08, 2019 11:52
Vote:

Is there a reason why you want to run this on a VM in Azure? I would prefer using Web Apps as you don't have to worry anymore about the maintainance of a VM.

Oct 09, 2019 11:35
Vote:

That would be most appropriate for a new installation but in my scenario, I have to migrate from a bespoke environment currently running on physical servers in a private data centre to the public cloud. It is - unfortunately - necessary to use IaaS due to time constraints. As is the norm, the cost of the environment is of particular importance and the B-Series is more cost-effective in the long-term. I have - however - no experience on running Episerver on the B-Series and was hoping someone on the forum has.

Oct 09, 2019 11:48
Vote:

That makes sense. I have no experience with the B-Series VM's so nothing to say about that. Based on the spec sheets, I think it is also depending on the current load of your machine to see if it is worth while to use.

Oct 09, 2019 11:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.