Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS loads slowly

Vote:

Hi

Our client reported that using the EPiServer CMS is slow. I looked into it and noticed that when opening the CMS about 1000 files are being loaded by the dojo.js. This is causing so much overhead that it takes about half a minute before the CMS loads.

Is there maybe a way to bundle these files to reduce the overhead and make the cms load faster?

Also all the files are uncompressed while we have this in our Web.config:
<episerver.framework updateDatabaseSchema="false">
  <clientResources debug="false" />

Which I thought is supposed to load the compressed versions of the javascript files instead of the uncompressed ones. Is this not working correctly or is there another way to minify the files?

Are there other ways to speed up the CMS?

We are using the latest episerver version 11.13.2.0

Oct 31, 2019 15:52
Vote:

Do you use the dbLocalizationProvider?

If yes, then upgrade to newest version. See this thread: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2019/10/takes-a-lot-of-time-for-epi-cms-resources-to-load-on-dxc-service/

I know it says dxc, but it happens on-prem too

Oct 31, 2019 18:43
Praful Jangid - Nov 01, 2019 9:38
Sounds really helpful.
Sebastian Enberget - Nov 01, 2019 9:55
Sorry, I think I was half asleep when I saw this, but it may still be a issue so doesn't hurt :)
can't help you with the files, I think it is the same for everyone and don't think you can get it to one file as they do magic behind the scenes to get the correct file etc, but I may be wrong
Cees - Nov 04, 2019 8:46
This will indeed not help us, but thanks anyway. And I was already afraid that the answer would be that there isn't a way to speed up the javascript file loading. I did try hacking something myself, but merging the javascript files and load them in one go gave javascript errors, so I stopped investing any more time in that. I guess I will let our client know that they will have to live with this loading time.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.