Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Link Editor supported?

Vote:

Hello, 

our customer wants the possibility to add a new property "Event-Category" to a link which we can use when the link is rendered.

Does the Link-Editor Dialog support custom elements?

Edited, Oct 07, 2019 16:56
Vote:

You may use the field «Remaining URL» to add URL-parameters like ?eventcategory=4.

Oct 07, 2019 21:25
Vote:

I would also recommend the use of Remaining URL field. That will save your efforts.

In addition to suggetion by @Thomas you can also use it like ?category=yourcategoryname1&category=yourcategoryname2 for same category or for multiple categories ?category1=yourcategoryname1&category1=yourcategoryname2&category2=yourcategoryname1&category2=yourcategoryname2

Oct 09, 2019 13:17
Vote:

Thanks Tomas and Praful,

i have verified that this approach works, i like it. Just i'm still waiting for the ok of the customer. Maybe he finds this approach too complicated for the cms editors, they need to know that the Event-Category information must be appended as Url Parameter. So i've hoped for an easier way to customize the link-editor. I guess you can do it with a dojo widget, can't you? I'm just not very familiar with it and have hoped that someone could show this approach. 

Another way would be to add the property to a custom Block we already have(Link-Block). Then i needed to support drag&drop on the TinyMCE editor, so implement javascript logic to add the custom data-attribute when the editor drops the block. This must be done also at serverside when the link is not dropped onto the editor but added to a content area. This is very complicated and prone to errors(regex and HTML can be a nightmare).

So i see that your way with using the "Remaining Url" is pretty straightforward and also easy to extend. 

Edited, Oct 09, 2019 13:28
Praful Jangid - Oct 09, 2019 13:44
Definitely, there are other possibilities to do that. If your client what customization then let's do that. Happy to help.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.