Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ContentProvider items not displaying in tree

Vote:

I'm writing another content provider for EPiServer, and I'm having an issue where the child items that I return from the provider are not displayed in the tree.

So when EPiServer calls this url /EPiServer/cms/Stores/contentstructure/?referenceId=27253&query=getchildren&typeIdentifiers=episerver.core.contentfolder&typeIdentifiers=bolia.shared.content.providers.collections.structcollectioncontent&typeIdentifiers=bolia.shared.content.providers.collections.structcollectionfoldercontent&allLanguages=true&sort(+name)&dojo.preventCache=1571929982430

Then in my debug breakpoint I can see that my provider returns 2 items, but no children are shown in the tree. They are however displayed in the box below?

I've based this provider on another one that is working fine, the only difference being that this on does not have localized content.

Any ideas what would cause child items to not be displayed in the tree?

Oct 24, 2019 18:30
Vote:

I found the issue. I was setting the wrong ModelType on the GetChildrenReferenceResult class when returning the children.

Oct 25, 2019 11:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.