Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Permissions set from 'Set Access Rights' not working

Sam
Sam
Vote:

Hi,

I am trying to get Access Rights working with CMS 11. 

I have done the following:

1. Used the following membership/role config:
    <membership defaultProvider="MultiplexingMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="10" hashAlgorithmType="HMACSHA512">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="MultiplexingMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Framework.AspNet" provider1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" provider2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
        <add name="WindowsMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" deletePrefix="BUILTIN\" searchByEmail="true" />
        <add name="SqlServerMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultMembershipProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
      </providers>
    </membership>
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="MultiplexingRoleProvider" cacheRolesInCookie="true">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="MultiplexingRoleProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingRoleProvider, EPiServer.Framework.AspNet" provider1="SqlServerRoleProvider" provider2="WindowsRoleProvider" providerMap1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" providerMap2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
        <add name="WindowsRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsRoleProvider, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" />
        <add name="SqlServerRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultRoleProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" applicationName="/" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

1.b. Checked that WebEditors is allowed under location path "EPiServer"

2. Created a user (with the SqlServerMembershipProvider) that is part of WebAdmins as well as part of a new group called Blog

3. Set the permissions on one of the nodes in the content tree under 'Set Access Rights' (I gave the Blog Group all the available permissions.)

4. Logged in as the user and navigated to edit mode

5. When I look at the content tree, all the nodes (including the one I gave permission for) are greyed out with a padlock next to them. When I hover the padlock on the node that should be available to edit it says 'You have not been assigned the user rights to make changes to this page'. 

The annoying thing is that I have another project with a very similar setup and with the same version of episerver, and that one is working. So there is something (I hope in config/code instead of being an epi bug) is different, but I can't find it at all. 

Any idea what might be going wrong or what I can do about it?

Best regards,

Sam

Jan 11, 2019 18:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.