Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error on notifications for content approval

Vote:

Added content approval on our stage site but when i click on the notification bell, it doesn't show anything and console show this error:

Anyone with the same problem?

Episerver CMS: 11.10.5

Edited, Jan 30, 2019 13:38
Vote:

We have v 11.11 and are getting the same error and no notifications display even though there was a number next to the bell notifying me that there were indeed notifications. Ever find the answer to this issue?

Sep 24, 2019 22:44
Vote:

Are you doing any customization with notification api?

If not, I would recommend to contact support.

Edited, Sep 26, 2019 9:33
Vote:

I found out what our issue is ... If an Active Directory user account has been disabled in our AD and that user account was previously sucked into the Episerver notifications table, it chokes on querying that table since it can't get the user's info and throws an error thus the notifications never load in the editor UI. The error in the log files is: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

I deleted the offending users from two tables and notifications began to display properly again. Tables:

• tblNotificationSubscription
  • tblNotificationMessage

Currently, AD accounts that have been sucked in as Episerver Users have no editable properties. We have roughly 650 editors, there are plenty of editors that have left the company and it's constantly changing so a data scrub is a temporary hack.

Interestingly enough, we are working wtih Episerver on a login issue which has to do wtih this very same issue - user accounts in the notifications table that are tied to disabled AD accounts cause login issues for most of our editors ... I had to stop working on it for a bit, time to resurrect that research.

It would be helpful to have the functionality to delete old AD accounts via the User Admin UI, or atleast disable them so they do not impact important functionality like login and notifications. 

Sep 26, 2019 15:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.