Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

301 redirect for deleted pages

Vote:

Hi

I'm thinking of a way to redirect from deleted pages to an existing page using 301 permanent redirect.

It is ok if deleted pages are in the bin. 

Can you give me some general ideas how to override existing handlers or what else I can do?

Thanks

Edited, Aug 01, 2018 18:26
Vote:

Alex,

Here's a reponse to that question that was posted a few years back -- I hope it helps:
https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Developer-to-developer/Thread-Container/2009/10/Reference-to-deleted-pages/

Aug 01, 2018 20:09
Vote:

Hi Alex,

There also exists a tool by Huilaaja that does 301 redirects. See his blog post and/or GitHub page. This might not directly solve your case but might give you pointers. I believe with this tool you could create the desired effect that when page is moved to waste basket you can programmatically create a redirect to something else. But have a look this.

Another tool might be the 404Handler by Geta. Not directly answering what you are looking for but maybe something that you might want to use if you change your "requirement".

Aug 02, 2018 9:47
Vote:

We use the Geta tool as Antti mentioned and it works well

Aug 02, 2018 9:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.