Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to delete user in CMS

Vote:

Hi,

When in the 'Edit User' section in. I am unable to delete users. I get the initial pop-up box but when I confirm the delete this error is thrown -

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.UI.Admin.DeleteMembershipDialog.DeleteUser_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +445
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.ToolButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +253
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803

Previously, I had run into the same issue and checking the 'change password' checkbox would allow me to delete, now it seems that no longers serves as a workaround.

This issue only appears to be present on staged and production environments (where it sometimes works and sometimes does not); the lack of local replication is making it a real pain to try and diagnose.

Version numbers are as follows:

• CMS v8.11.0
  • CMS UI v8.6.2
  • Framework v8.11.0

Url for the delete pop-up is:

https://mysite.com/episerver/CMS/admin/DeleteMembershipDialog.aspx?NameRoleOrUser=test%40example.com&SecurityEntity=0&ProviderName=SqlServerMembershipProvider

Options are:

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited, Jul 19, 2018 16:36
Vote:

Found out what this was - two environments on the same servers (load balanced) were pointing at the same port for UDP and the remote events. Opening up a new UDP port and amending one of the configs (on both servers) to use it did the trick.

Hope this helps anyone who gets here through Google!

Aug 06, 2018 10:06
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.