Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Registration form problem - need your opinion!

Vote:

Hello,
My company creates SEO plugin for Episerver. While the plugin is to be used by the marketing (or similar) department, it’s still the developer who’d usually install it and go through the registration process. That’s why we get a lot of development email addresses instead of the ones belonging to the actual users of the plugin. This way we cannot communicate with the actual user of our plugin and they don’t get the help they might need. 
This is what we consider writing in the registration process to make it clear whose email we need: 
“We only ask to know the first name and an e-mail address of the SiteAttention responsible person from your company.”
(It will be written above the registration box.)
Do you think this is enough? What would you write to make it clear for other developers that it’s the SEO-responsible person’s email we need?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Anna
Jun 04, 2018 16:07
Vote:

Hi, Anna,

That sounds clear enough, maybe just make it shorter, ex. "SiteAttention responsible editor" -> with editor, people should know that it's not a developer, but rather someone who will be working with content.

Does this work with GDPR though?

BR,
Marija

Jun 11, 2018 9:26
Vote:

Hi Marija,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear enough - we need the email address of the main person in charge of SiteAttention, that means it’s usually an SEO / Digital Marketing Manager of a company (but the role names can differ from one company to another). This person is in charge of all the SEO activities in the company and might also be in charge of the editors.

What in your opinion should we write to clearly state that we need email form the profile described above?

Thanks in advance!

Anna

Jun 11, 2018 12:59
Vote:

I think Marija's comment is important in terms of GDPR.  

Often the customer may not be aware they are being signed up if it is being left to the developer. If they start getting marketing emails from Site Attention they've not given their consent.

I'd suggest making the wording clear on the registration form whose email is required (SEO / Digital Marketing Manager) and give them an option whether they would want to receive marketing emails.  Oh and double opt in of course ;)

Jun 11, 2018 14:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.