Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Start Page Saving/Publishing issue

Vote:

I'm working on developing out my site and I am having an issue with saving/publishing the Start Page. 

If I am using OPE things seem to work fine, but whenever I am in the properties view the only change to the fields which is triggering  save/ready for publish is if I try to change the title.

Also, none of my the content in the OPE isn't showing up on the properties.

This is just happening on the start page, and I can't really see anything different with the model/controller that could possably be preventing this. The site is based off the basic Alloy templates so it is kind of strange that such a simple function decided not to work.

I've updated to the latest version of Epi as well.

Any advice?

May 23, 2018 19:48
Vote:

Do you have any property with a custom dojo/dijit editor on the start page that is not edited through OPE, and therefor only loaded when going to all properties?

If not, any errors in the Console or Network tab in developer tools?

May 24, 2018 9:10
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

I'm not using any custome dojo/digit editors, nor am I getting any errors when inspecting.

I did manage to get some properties to publish when I moved them from the settings tab to the content tab.   When I add a new start page under the existing start page everything works fine.

I wonder if there is some garbage data in the database  since I have added and removed properties during the course of the development.  If so, do you know of a way I can clear it all out?

May 25, 2018 0:04
Vote:

Weird. What happens if you pick a different version in the Version gadget? Same problem?

May 25, 2018 7:13
Vote:

Have you tried activating Episerver logging and seeing if there are any errors being reported as you attempt to edit those properties?

May 25, 2018 23:47
Vote:

The different versions were acting the same and the logs were not showing anything.  I did have a block property on the front page which I moved to and from my site page data model, and cI got that clean up by reverting it to default several times.  I also cleaned up all the browser cache just in case.  Once I did that the start page started working as expected.  So the gremlin was either in the property and/or browser cache.  Either way, it is fixed now.  Thank you!

May 25, 2018 23:55
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.