Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DXC Load tests pre prodution recommendations and advice

Vote:

Hi,

we have a server in preproduction and would like to test it with some load to see performance. 
Problem is its not public and its a bit difficult to test it from external load balancing tools.. 

Anyone know if DXC have some out of the box load balancing tools or have any of you done something similar?

Thank you for all the tips :)! 

Edited, May 08, 2018 20:09
Vote:

How do you mean it is not public?
There are no out of box nice DNS but it is public if you know the adress and you can also order to have custom dns for it

May 09, 2018 11:13
Vote:

sorry i mean load test not load balance as stated in topic.. 

The pre production enviroment is not accessible outside cusotmers domain.. so it is not public because you can´t acces it if you are not in our customer domain

So im wondering if there is any load testing tools included in DXC (digital experience cloud) solution that our customer have 

May 09, 2018 11:22
Vote:

Ahh, ok, you have orded a lock down by ip on it. (It should not be that by default I think)

I do not think that there are any built in products for that, I think you need to order a opening in firewalls and stuff like that to get it to work from the outside if it has been locked down

/Henrik

May 09, 2018 12:17
Vote:

I would recommend you reach out to Managed Services at support@episerver.com 

Before performing any form of load testing it is recommended you notify Episerver Managed Services so they can setup the desired number of nodes etc. They may also be able to guide you on testing non-public apps.

Also, take a peek at this (especially the decision tree):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/load-test/clt-behind-firewall?view=vsts#static-ip

May 09, 2018 20:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.