Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Copy Global Blocks to Page Level and Vice Versa

Vote:

Hi

Is there any quick way to copy a global block to a page. Create a copy not use.

And also vice versa if a block has been created at page level can it be copied and pasted in the global block folders to make it a global block.

Thanks 

Kind Regards

Sandeep

May 18, 2018 0:42
Vote:

Yes a block can copied and pased using the hamburger menu options between anywhere that allows that block to be created. You can also do this programatically should you need

May 18, 2018 9:59
Vote:

Hi Scott

When I am selecting the hamburger menu on a block which has already been added to the cotent area it does not give me the option to copy it.

Please see screenshot below

Also when I try to drag this to the global blocks folder it say this item cannot be copied here.

Thanks 

Kind Regards

Sandeep

May 18, 2018 10:43
Vote:

When you create a block within a content area what it actually does is create that block under the current page/block you're on in the database then creates an item in the ContentArea's items collection linking to that created block.

If you open the blocks pane on the page/block with your large content area on and then open "For this page/block" you'll see all the blocks created for that content area appear here, showing they are stored for the current page/block. Its here you can copy/paste the blocks between the page level and the global level. This won't remove them from the ContentArea items collection that references these it will just move then from being under the page/block location to the global blocks folder you move it to.

Hope that makes sense

Edited, May 18, 2018 11:08
Vote:

Hi Scott

Thank you very much for your reply. Can confirm that we can copy as mentioned by you.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

May 18, 2018 11:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.