Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add on store stopped working after upgrade

Vote:

Hi!

I upgraded a site to EPi 11, and now the Addon store doesn't work. I get the following error:

[NullReferenceException: Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.]
   StructureMap.Policies.Apply(Type pluginType, Instance instance) +356
   StructureMap.Pipeline.Instance.ApplyAllPolicies(Type pluginType, Policies policies) +84
   StructureMap.PipelineGraph.DetermineLifecycle(Type pluginType, Instance instance) +48
   StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) +154
   StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) +277
   EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key) +53

[ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type EPiAddOnsController, key ""]

Any ideas?

Apr 05, 2018 13:52
Vote:

Hi can you check of you have http://nuget.episerver.com/package-details/?packageId=EPiServer.Packaging installed?

Apr 05, 2018 14:21
Vote:

Yes, the latest version of it is installed.

Apr 06, 2018 7:53
Vote:

But - you pinpointed me in the correct direction! I reinstalled EPiServer.Packaging.UI, and now it works. Thanks!

Apr 06, 2018 9:03
Vote:

Hi,

I encountered the same issue on Epi version 11.7.1 and turned out I was using different versions for EPiServer.Packaging and EPiServer.Packaging.UI packages

• <package id="EPiServer.Packaging" version="3.4.0" targetFramework="net461" />
  • <package id="EPiServer.Packaging.UI" version="3.3.0" targetFramework="net461" />

After I performed the package update for EPiServer.Packaging.UI to the latest version of 3.4.0 which is same as EPiServer.Packaging, the Add-ons store is functioning well now

• <package id="EPiServer.Packaging" version="3.4.0" targetFramework="net461" />
  • <package id="EPiServer.Packaging.UI" version="3.4.0" targetFramework="net461" />

May 28, 2018 11:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.