Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Admin broken for some domains

Vote:

Hi,

Last week we had a very unusual issue pop up and we were looking for some guidance.

if I log into episever on any of our domain names, all of them are showing essentially just a list of links, and all of the css and JavaScript appear to be broken. 

looking at chrome console, it appears that a bunch of the assets being loaded on the page, are redirecting to the episerver login page.

one thing that makes this especially unusual, is that none of our normal domain names are working when I log into the episerver admin, but when I log directly in any of our load balancer domain names, they load fine, but are on the same exact servers that don’t work.

any ideas on where to even start with an issue like this?

-Paul

Edited, Feb 14, 2018 5:26
Vote:

Let me know if you guys have any ideas of where to even start with this.

Feb 14, 2018 13:14
Vote:

Can they try in a different browser, Is there any change in rewrite urls?

CMS Version?

Edited, Feb 14, 2018 17:28
Vote:

There has been no changes as far as we're aware anywhere. Which makes this super odd. No urlrewrite changes at all.

Feb 14, 2018 19:40
Vote:

In this case, First thing that I will do is, report situation to infrastructure team and will query for any changes that they have made for Load balancing and firewall

/K

Feb 14, 2018 20:30
Vote:

We don't host with Episerver. But this definitly seems to be an Episerver issue as far as we can tell. 

Feb 14, 2018 20:58
Vote:

As you mentioned this is a kind of load balancer issue so i doubt it is an episerver issue. To debug, you can try removing the servers from load balancer and see if you can access the remaining servers via load balancer. Try to isolate problematic servers this way and then compare the configuration. I think ( and it is just a guess) that somehow for some urls, the authentication cookie/token is not passed to the problematic servers hence redirect to login page. 

Feb 14, 2018 21:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.