Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Images are not autopublished

Vote:

I have a situation when I upload an image, the image still needs to be published and must have an alternative text. The strangest thing is that 'Automatically publish media on upload' is turned on in the System Configuration --> System Settings --> Edditing (tab)

All though I have two modules that hook on EventsSavedContent they only concern two different types of content (not related to images)

Ofcourse the event is send but I just return the event like so

if (!(e.Content is Product))
{
    return;
}
Edited, Nov 06, 2018 12:46
Vote:

Have you checked so that the access right are correct so the uploader have access to also publish?

Nov 06, 2018 14:20
Vote:

Thanks Henrik for reaching out, the user has also the publish rights. So it has to be something else

Nov 06, 2018 14:48
Vote:

Ok then it might be with the event listeners.

If you just comment them out locally and then try to upload, does it work then?

Nov 06, 2018 14:54
Vote:

Nope, I've removed the IInitializableModule from my project and tried to upload a file. Then the same behaviour occurs, the image still needs to be published.

I'm now focusing on the fact that the Alternative text is required before publishing. Maybe that is why the image isn't auto published

Nov 06, 2018 16:46
Vote:

Yes, that is it, sadly right now Episerver will not throw up the required dialog for media (I have been there myself so that would have been my next question).

So the only way to solve this is to remove the required attribute. (or you can take control of it yourself, like Marja does here:
https://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=194485)

Nov 06, 2018 16:51
Vote:

Yeah I finally found out that we had set the alternative text to required. So that was the curlpit all allong

Nov 06, 2018 16:59
Vote:

Great that you solved it!

Nov 06, 2018 17:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.