Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.InitializationModule beeing Init all the time

Vote:

Hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows why this module is beeing init like 10000 times
We are running in the DXC and in the log files this appers every few seconds.

EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.InitializationModule : Start to initialize virtual roles

In the begining i thought is was the GoogleAnalyticsAdministrators missing in virtual roles...but not, still coming

https://world.episerver.com/add-ons/google-analytics-for-episerver/configuring-google-analytics-for-episerver/

Anyone knows how to debug this to see who is trying to init this module all the time?

Is it something old in the DB?

Oct 05, 2018 9:34
Vote:

Hello Radek,

Did you find a solution for this? We seem to be experiencing the same. Also in DXC.

Best regards,

//Per

Apr 26, 2019 8:02
Vote:

that actually happens in PostAuthenticateRequest - i.e. when an user logs in. EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.InitializationModule also implements InitializeHttpEvents so it can be a bit confusing to think it is initialed multiple times.

I don't know about it good enough to say that initial virtual roles on every log in is totally correct (I'd trust my colleagues on that one), but at least the module itself is not initialized multiple times.

Apr 26, 2019 11:04
Vote:

Hi Quan,

Actual behaviour is that our DXC-logs get stuffed with these log-messages, so it's not just when a user logs in. On the top of my head, I would say that there is a good chance that PostAuthenticateRequest gets hit for each request, not just when the user actively logs in.

May 16, 2019 8:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.