Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS upgrade from 7.5 to v10

Vote:

Hi Team,

I am trying to update Episerver CMS from 7.5 to v10 but when i am installing package "Episerver.CMS" (ver: 10.10.4) from Nuget, i am getting below error:

Updating 'EPiServer.CMS.Core 7.18.0' to 'EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.10.4' failed. Unable to find versions of 'EPiServer.Find.Cms, EPiServer.Mail' that are compatible with 'EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.10.4'.

has anyone faced this issue?

Sep 29, 2017 14:50
Vote:

Also, "EPiServer.CommonFramework" assembly is not present in CMS v10 . What is the relacement for this assembly?

Sep 29, 2017 15:38
Vote:

@run k,

This article explains how to remove the dependency on the Common Framework: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/upgrading/episerver-commerce/8/Breaking-changes-Commerce-8/Removing-dependency-on-Common-Framework/. That article mentions "If you use any functionality from Common Framework, you need to install the EPiServer.CommonFramework package, as well as the EPiServer.Common.Gadgets package."

Edited, Sep 29, 2017 19:05
Vote:

When i am trying to install  EPiServer.CommonFramework  then i am getting .NETFramework error for this packge to be installed.

Below is the error messge : 

Could not install package 'EPiServer.Mail 9.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Do i need to first downgrade .NETFramework and install "EPiServer.CommonFramework"  and "EPiServer.Common.Gadgets" and then do rest of upgrade to Episerver v10.

Oct 03, 2017 11:00
Vote:

<p>Hi, <strong>EPiServer.CommonFramework</strong> is legacy, not to be used in v10</p> <p>https://world.episerver.com/documentation/upgrading/episerver-commerce/8/Breaking-changes-Commerce-8/Removing-dependency-on-Common-Framework/</p>
Dec 13, 2017 16:02
Vote:

EPiServer.CommonFramework is legacy => this is true. But actually CommonFramework 8.0.0 is CMS10 compatible.

I'd suggest to change the .NET framework to 4.5, install CommonFramework (and EPiServer.Common.Gadgets), then change to .NET 4.5.2 and install Mail. 

Dec 13, 2017 17:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.