Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer blob handler exceptions

Vote:

Hello,

We are having the following errors logged periodically on a site in Azure(using the epi azure nuget).

1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): An error occurred while communicating with the remote host. The error code is 0x800703E3. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800703E3): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E3)
   at EPiServer.Web.MediaHandlerBase.EndTransmitStream(IAsyncResult res)
   at EPiServer.Web.BlobHttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

And:

1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.Web.HttpException (0x800703E3): The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x800703E3.
   at EPiServer.Web.MediaHandlerBase.EndTransmitStream(IAsyncResult res)
   at EPiServer.Web.BlobHttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

Are both of these errors related to the client(browser) aborting the request and then .Net aborting the request to blobstorage? If so, they should be safe to ignore(and never log)?

/Peter

Jun 05, 2017 10:48
Vote:

Hello,

I see the same exception quite often. Did you receive any feedback trough another channel? (eg support)

Kind regards,

bob

Sep 12, 2017 10:41
Vote:

Hi,

I did not try to go through any other channel. I ended up filtering these exceptions from the log.

/Peter

Sep 13, 2017 8:59
Vote:

+1

Sep 29, 2017 14:40
Vote:

+1

What blob handlers do you guys use? We are also seeing this. We are using SQL-blobs provider for our blobs. I think for instance when there are many images on the same page that some of the requests gets these execeptions.

Nov 07, 2018 8:22
Vote:

+1

We are also experiencing this on our platform. It has been increasingly frequent, and we haven't been able to pinpoint the exact location in code where the requests are coming from.
An on premise Minio instance provides the storage for us with partially custom MinioBlobs. 

Feb 28, 2020 12:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.