Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Get correct updated date for localized page

Vote:

Hi,

I was trying to find a solution to get information from master version without using IContentLoader service.

Problem description:

We need to know when data from page was updated (latest Saved date for master and current localized version).

Is it possible?

Maybe someone has information about episerver workflow to provide merging data from master and localized pages when we work with localazed page.

May 26, 2017 10:47
Vote:

Everything is possible, but not maybe supported by Episerver :) Is there a specific reason why you can't use IContentLoader? You can always write custom SQL queries against the database.

I'm not sure what you mean with your last paragraph, could you give us some more information about what you're trying to achieve?

May 26, 2017 17:09
Vote:

Hi Johan Petersson,

Thanks for your answer

I just wondering how Episerver combine data from master and localized page versions.

For example it is possible to find out that property is language specific

page.Property["PageName"].IsLanguageSpecific

If user change data in master language episerver will return updated properties (relates to properties without language specific attribute) with localized page. So I just interested in this process and how episerver combine data from several pages

May 29, 2017 8:23
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.