The store was queried with a [string] but the entity id is a [undefined]

Vote:
 

When loading a page in OnPageEdit I first see a warning in the console: 

"Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items.  These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid."

If I try to edit any of the blocks, I get lots of "The store was queried with a [string] but the entity id is a [undefined]" errors.

The error is reported by widgets.js inside Episerver Shell ClientResources folder (version 10.7.1).

Does anybody know what is causing this?

#177039
Apr 03, 2017 11:26
Vote:
 

It was an issue in previous versions. Not sure if it's been fixed yet.

http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/CMS-1420

AG.

#177093
Apr 04, 2017 5:36
Vote:
 

Add <clientResources debug="true" /> to web.config, in the episerver.framework section, and you should get some more information to see what's causing this

#177102
Apr 04, 2017 8:56
Vote:
 

Nice tip, PM!

The error is reported from _StoreMixin.js which is located in /Shell/10.7.1.0/ClientResources/lib/dgrid 

The warning message is now a bit more detailed:

"Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items.  These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid."

The error message "The store was queried with a [string] but the entity id is a [undefined]" comes from Patchable.js (also located inside Episerver Shell)

#177103
Apr 04, 2017 9:08
Vote:
 

Just a wild guess here, but is you "versions gadget" open by any chance?

#177116
Apr 04, 2017 9:36
Vote:
 

No, the versions gadget is not open.

#177260
Apr 06, 2017 11:31
Vote:
 

Tried to implement "Filtered display options" based on https://getadigital.com/no/blogg/filtered-display-option-menu-based-on-content-type-in-episerver/ on a latest episerver (10.7)

Now, when pressing the menu on the block where i can choose to edit the block or change display option i get the same error message, "The store was queried with a [string] but the entity id is a [undefined]". This seems to just be logged in the console, but it is actually working. Any tip?

#177452
Apr 12, 2017 9:21
Vote:
 

Did you manage to get rid of this issue? I'm facing it and I don't know where to start. Error in console leads to "epi/shell/store/Patchable". The outcome is that I have a problem with structuring media and blocks:

#179060
May 30, 2017 17:59
Vote:
 

Having an empty ContentReference as the root folder for the descriptor displayed this console error for myself, couldn't find a solution to resolving this without actually giving the root a content reference 

#183071
Oct 04, 2017 12:45
Vote:
 

Have you guys experiencing any faulty behaviour in Epi CMS when that error occurs? I get that same error, and I'm having problem with that the page does not load when clicking on its node in the left pane tree in editing mode.

Did you get rid of the warning message Mari?

#189617
Mar 21, 2018 13:41
Vote:
 

I had the same issue with the error message and same behavior as Piotr.

I have a multisite and have enabled "Use site-specific assets" in Admin mode and the problem was only on one of the sites.

I upgraded to the latest version as of today, 11.11, but the error was still there.

The solution to get rid of it was to uncheck the box, save and then check it again and save.. Magically the error is now gone :).


I have a feeling that it has been fixed in the latest version and the remaining error was result of some cache related.. 

I didnt had to do the fix in my other enviroments. It just worked after the upgrade. 

#200287
Edited, Jan 08, 2019 14:32
Vote:
 

Lately we found ourselves in a similar situation like Piotr and Pawel. For us, the error only appeared when logging in with a role lower than "Admin". The trick with (un)ticking the "site specific assets" worked for us, too, but I'd like to mention that this was only a feasible option because there were next to no site specific assets in the affected project. It seems that disabling the option automatically removed any content below the node. You wouldn't want that if your site made heavy use of the "for this site" assets (or you would have to find a way to retain/restore them).

#206699
Aug 28, 2019 16:53