Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Simple address with multiple languages - Episerver 10

Vote:

Hello,

I am experiencing similar issue Marcus Andersson described on this thread.

Having at least two translations of a page (sv, en), after creating a short link for multiple translations of the same page all short links redirects to main version (sv) of the page. Is there anything can be done so that the short links are redirected to their respective languages. Here's a sample of what happens today:

Existing page Shortlink Shortlink redirects to Expected behavior
domain.se/myswedishpage short-sv domain.se/myswedishpage domain.se/myswedishpage
domain.se/en/english-of-myswedishpage short-en domain.se/myswedishpage domain.se/en/english-of-myswedishpage
domain.se/sv/short-en - domain.se/myswedishpage 404 page
domain.se/en/short-sv - domain.se/en/english-of-myswedishpage 404 page
domain.se/en/short-en - domain.se/en/english-of-myswedishpage domain.se/en/english-of-myswedishpage

Is there any way to achieve the above behavior? Basically, I do not want to specify culture in the URL when using shortcodes.

Edited, Apr 24, 2017 11:04
Vote:

I have experienced the same thing. Have you found anything more about it?

Jun 21, 2017 12:55
Vote:

Also having this problem, anyone got any solution?

Sep 17, 2018 10:45
Vote:

Hello,

Our problem was based on a custom logic we were applying to XhtmlString before rendering it. If you have a similar logic and experiencing this problem, I can try to explain what caused the error. 

Sep 17, 2018 11:03
Vote:

this sounds like very much to be fixed by epi.

Sep 18, 2018 9:19
Vote:

Yes Valdis, it is propably a big work.
For us the customer wanted to have the exact same simple address for all language and the system does not scream when doing so but all is redirected to the main language

Sep 18, 2018 9:22
Vote:

You could try to set applicationSetting strictLanguageRouting=false (see https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Johan-Bjornfot/Dates1/2014/9/Changes-in-simple-address-routing/)

Sep 18, 2018 16:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.