Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception during Export content after EPiServer upgrade from 10.4.2 to 10.8.0

Vote:

I can not export content after upgrading EPiServer.

The error:

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive. Please also make sure that System.Web.SessionStateModule or a custom session state module is included in the \\ section in the application configuration.

I have not changed any enableSessionState value. The web.config are 

Regards

Apr 27, 2017 14:19
Vote:

I think you need to have the <pages> element in the root system.web not inside a location.

If you add some simple code that reads and writes session data to some project code, does it work?

We usually don't config sessionstate on/off in config anywhere but disable in using the controller attribute instead.

Apr 28, 2017 12:44
Vote:

I installed the Alloy application and confirmed the location of the <pages> element was right.

I discovered the  <sessionState mode="Off" /> in .config file. This has not been changed after the upgrade from EPi 10.4.2 to 10.8.0. But still the upgrade caused the sessionState to be disabled.

The fix was changing the sessionState elem to  <sessionState mode="InProc" />

May 02, 2017 13:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.