Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with using Exclude on content type and access new content type below it

Vote:

I have problem on a site that new content type does not show when I want to create new content.

For example I have a setting like this:

[AvailableContentTypes(Exclude = new[] { typeof(ProductSitePage), typeof(StartPage), typeof(PortalPage) })]
    public class StandardPage : PortalPageBase

Then I create a new pagetype that does not inheterit from any of the one that are excluding but after deploying the code to test we can not create new pages of the new type below standardpage and when I look with Developer Tools I see that the Standard page type is in sync with code and database.

I have to go into admin and reset to default for the Standard page to make them avaliable.

Isn't Exclude suppose to only exclude the one defined and allow all others even new ones?

Mar 07, 2017 9:28
Vote:

I think I have solved my issue here.
I think it is because of bad UI in the admin interface.

What happened was:

1: I go into admin and to the contenttype property view

2: In there I see that not all content types I want to be able to use are checked

3: I click on reverce to default and they all get checked

4: I click save to save it (BIG ERROR!!! You do not need to press save here and if you do, you again tell Episerver that you want these settings right now to be the one to use....)

Mar 20, 2017 6:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.