Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

how to access admin site for blank template

Vote:

Hi I am following http://world.episerver.com/documentation/getting-started/cms/3--creating-a-start-page/ . At step 9 how to I get to admin page? I tried ~/EPiserver url but it displays login form.

I see "Note: You need to be an Administrator for the site to create a start page under the website root."  from previous steps. How to I do that? 

I found out database is not created for empty project but for Alloy project I see database and admin page is working fine after creating admin user.

Regards.

Brian.

Edited, Mar 28, 2017 23:54
Vote:

Create a local user & add it to the Administrators group. You can then login using those credentials because Windows Authentication should be enabled by default even on an empty episerver project.

You can then run Initialize-EPiDatabase from the package manager console to create the database schema.

Mar 29, 2017 18:23
Vote:

Thank you for the feedbakck. I end up using Alloy project for tutorial for now. By the way runnig Initialize-EPiDatabase is not creating databae still. Is anyone having an similar issue?

Actually database is created fine but just not visible from the project. Now I have database and access to admin site for "empty" template. But somehow startpage created according to tutorial is not visible from UI or site. I created new "HomePage" for Alloy site to test out also but it wasn't visible to UI/site either.

I didn't follow tutorial carefully. I found out I need to create Start page from UI based on page type created. It is working now. Thank you!

Edited, Mar 29, 2017 19:17
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.