Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epi Search "Rebuild"-job failing

Vote:

Hi! 

We are trying to set up a simple search using Epi search on a brand new epi site (10.4.3.0). We get this error when triggering the "Rebuild search index" job:
Could not load type 'EPiServer.Search.ReIndexManager' from assembly 'EPiServer.ApplicationModules, Version=10.4.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'.

Exploring the EPiServer.Framework dll shows that we can't access this implementation class, however the abstraction "IReindexManager" exists. So I did a quick test where I just ran:

var reIndex = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance();

reIndex.ReIndex();

This indeed triggered the indexing. I am wondering if there could be a bug here in the "Rebuild search index" job where it tries to go directly to the implementation of ReIndexManager when it really should get it through the ServiceLocator, like is how one would usually do it? I could of course just create my own job and trigger the two lines above, but I'm not sure if I miss out on any other functionality then. 

Thanks in advance! 

Mar 06, 2017 9:45
Vote:

I am not quite sure which job you mean when you say "Rebuild search index" job.

Do you mean the "Full Search Index" in CMS->Admin-Scheduled Jobs?

Or are you talking about the Reindex feature in Commerce Manager?

EPiServer.Search.ReIndexManager doesn't exist in that namespace anymore, it has been moved to EPiServer.Search.Internal.ReIndexManager.

Mar 06, 2017 15:01
Vote:

Commerce is not used on the site, so can't be that. The name of the job is "Rebuild search index" with description "Rebuilds the Full Text Search Index". I can't see any other jobs related to search indexing, so just assumed that was the epi search one. 

Mar 06, 2017 15:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.