Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Display Options Tags vs Content Area Tags when selecting a template

Vote:

So, I'm trying to understand how epi deals with content area items having both a display option tag and a content area tag (provided by setting a Tag in the PropertyFor method for the content area). 

When the item is rendered, and in my custom content area renderer, I can get hold of both the display option tag and the content area tag. However, when epi is selecting the template, it only has the display option tag at hand. So my question is, can I get epi to also have the content area tag at hand when selecting the template to use for the item?

Mar 31, 2017 9:37
Vote:

Here's a similar thread: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=171244

Mar 31, 2017 10:58
Vote:

Yes, that would work :-)

But I'm a bit curious, on the TemplateResolverEventArgs-object, there is a collection for "Tags". I'm wondering if it somehow would be possible to add both the display options tag and the content area tag to the collection?

Edited, Mar 31, 2017 13:08
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.