Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove Forms-tab form the Asset pane?

Vote:

Hi,

Can I somehow remove the Forms-tab form the Asset pane? Forms are blocks, so it's not needed. 

Nov 20, 2017 10:17
Vote:

Hi Jouni

I did not research the key for Forms but this post should point you in the right direction:

https://www.david-tec.com/2016/05/remove-episerver-ui-components-for-certain-editors/

David

Nov 20, 2017 12:37
Vote:

Not an answer, but I do agree that this UI is a bit messy. 

Nov 20, 2017 12:46
Vote:

Hey, 

This web.config change removes it:

<episerver.shell>
    <viewManager>
      <views>
        <add name="/episerver/cms/home">
          <settings>
            <add name="RemoveFormComponent" transformationType="Remove" definitionName="EPiServer.Forms.Components.FormsComponent" plugInArea="/episerver/cms/assets/defaultgroup" />
          </settings>
        </add>
      </views>
    </viewManager>
  </episerver.shell>

I agree it's a bit annoying :D

Nov 27, 2017 22:34
Vote:

Thanks Marija!

What Forms versions does that configuration support? I quickly tested with Forms 4.6.1, but with no luck. What version do you use?

Dec 01, 2017 5:27
Vote:

Hey Jouni,

Trying going to My settings -> Display options -> Reset views. Does it work when you do that?

BR,

Marija

Dec 01, 2017 9:40
Vote:

Hi Marija,

I found that in this version the namespace is EPiServer.Forms.EditView.Components.FormsComponent. After changing it (and resetting the views) the Forms-tab is gone :)

<viewManager>
      <views>
        <add name="/episerver/cms/home">
          <settings>
            <add name="RemoveFormComponent" transformationType="Remove" definitionName="EPiServer.Forms.EditView.Components.FormsComponent" plugInArea="/episerver/cms/assets/defaultgroup" />
          </settings>
        </add>
      </views>
    </viewManager>
Dec 01, 2017 17:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.