Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Read blob file to Excel FileInfo

Vote:

Hi,

I am using EPiserver CMS 10 hosted in Azure. I have a block where I have created content reference property for selecting Excel file uploaded in blob storage. This excel file has worksheet which has some data. I have one more string property in the block. When user creates a block, I want to read the selected file and put the worksheet data in this string property during publish event.On publish I have written Initialization module, where I want to read the selected file by editor and put the values in String property.

I am using EPPlus openxml for file read.

The issue I am getting is, I am not able to read the selected excel file. I tried using

var path = EPiServer.Web.Routing.UrlResolver.Current.GetUrl(ExcelFileContentReference);

if (ExcelFileContentReference!= null)
{
templateFile = new FileInfo(path);
return templateFile;
}

ExcelPackage xlPackage = new ExcelPackage(templateFile)

ExcelWorksheet workSheet = xlPackage.Workbook.Worksheets["Json"];

path comes like 'globalasset/abc.xlsx' and it gives workSheet empty.

Am I on right path? How can I read file from blob storage.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Edited, Nov 08, 2017 13:29
Vote:

The path you're getting is the external URL. You have to get the local disk path, if you have it stored on the disk that is. But a safer way is to just load the data through the API, then the file could be stored anywhere.

var contentLoader = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IContentLoader>();

MediaData media;

if (contentLoader.TryGet(excelFileContentReference, out media))
{
    using (var stream = media.BinaryData.OpenRead())
    {
        using (var package = new ExcelPackage(stream))
        {

}
    }
}
Nov 08, 2017 16:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.