Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bootstrap update

Vote:

Hello,

I see that Alloy (MVC) comes up with bootstrao v2 and I want to update it as the current one is out of date. If I install a Nuget package and use v3 the display on the main page breaks. Do we know how to go about it? How to handle it?

Nov 03, 2017 12:46
Vote:

Hi Chaudhry,

I know how it goes, the complete difference between Bootstrap 2 & 3 raises a lot of difficulty for Developer to upgrade them. We developers at Episerver World applied bootstrap 3 to this site from the time when it was Episerver CMS 9. Mostly it consists of 2 parts:

• Replace all class span* with col-*, we must take care of how it display to specific position on the site, and the generated tag (span2 => col-xs-12 col-md-2, for example).
  • We must also take into account the glyphicon with better support for color, size (I must admit the icon for bootstrap 2 is just disaster when apply some styles like colors, font-size, etc).

It takes time to investigate, but it is possible to upgrade for sure.

Edited, Nov 03, 2017 15:19
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.