Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Forms - New form button greyed out

Vote:

I just installed EPiServer Forms (4.3.0 through NuGet) on our site but it seems like I'm unable to create a new form. When I open the form tab in the assets pane, the "new form" button in is disabled/greyed out as well as the other buttons for creating new folders, paste etc.

I can add the form container block (as a block) and directly in this add form controls. 

Have I missed something in the configuration, or is there something else that I could check?

Jan 25, 2017 15:49
Vote:

Just found the solution to this if anyone would have the same problem in the future.

The Forms-tab in the assets gadget is merely a shortcut to the Episerver Forms folder which is created during initialization (this folder is also visible in the blocks/media tab but in the forms tab only Form blocks can be created). In my case this folder had been moved to the recycle bin which created problems for the Forms tab, however as the folder still existed the initialization process didn't try to create a new one.

The solution was either to restore the deleted Episerver Forms folder from the recycle bin, or simply to empty the recycle bin which made the initialization process create a new instance of this folder on its next run.

Jan 26, 2017 9:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.