Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

GroupDefinitions SortOrder -1

Vote:

Hi,

I have defined my custom tabs in code but have an issue where the SortOrder and Access Level isnt loaded at site startup.

[GroupDefinitions]
	public static class GroupNames {

[Display(Order = 210), RequiredAccess(AccessLevel.Edit)]
		public const string Accessibility = "Accessibility";

[Display(Order = 230), RequiredAccess(AccessLevel.Edit)]
		public const string Administration = "Administration";

[Display(Order = 400), RequiredAccess(AccessLevel.Administer)]
		public const string DateSettings = "DateSettings";
	}

When looking in the database all the GroupOrder is set to -1 and the Access is set to 1, but all the custom tabs that I defined in code are there.

In Admin is the same, the edit/delete buttons are disabled, the FromCode is set to true and Sort Index set to -1 for all custom tabs.

If I delete all custom rows in tblPropertyDefinitionGroup table the tabs are recreated and works fine. If I restart the site without deleting the rows in the database the Index is reset to -1 and AccessLevel to Read (1).

I've tried setting logging to Debug but I can't find anything there.

Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?

Regards

Martin

Aug 15, 2016 11:35
Vote:

I have the exact same situation (cms 9)

Edited, Jan 04, 2017 13:38
Vote:

I've been in touch with EPiServer and found the solution. It has nothing to do with GroupDefinitions but an InitializationModule that somehow screwed it up.

Check your InitializationModules ModuleDependencies. Try disable one module at the time and check which one thats causing problem. Thats what I had to do.

I fixed mine by changing module dependency.

/Martin

Edit: Its really weird that there is no logging of these errors from epi cms.

Edited, Jan 09, 2017 8:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.