Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Weird IContentLoader error

Vote:

Hi,

I have weird IContentLoader error and wondered if anyone can shed any light on what's causing it.

I have the code:

var loader = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance();
            var contentBlock = loader.Get(Guid);

if (contentBlock != null)
            {
                var test = contentBlock.SomeProperty;
            }

And the contentBlock is not null but when trying to access the property it throws a massive error.

When I check contentBlock in the immediate window I get the message "Cannot obtain value of local or argument 'contentBlock' as it is not available at this instruction pointer, possibly because it has been optimized away."

But if I do something like var contentBlock1 = loader.Get(Guid); in the immediate window then I get the block returned as expected.

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

Thanks,

Mark

Jul 12, 2016 13:45
Vote:

Shared or local block on a page type?

Jul 12, 2016 14:59
Vote:

At the moment it's happening when a shared block, I've not tested with a local block. The block in question is actually a FormContainerBlock inherited from the EPiServer so that I can add additional properties to the Form.

Jul 12, 2016 15:07
Vote:

Hi

Isn't this a standard .NET message that can happen when you debug release built assemblies? Like mentioned here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8311303/cannot-obtain-value-of-local-or-argument-as-it-is-not-available-at-this-instruct

Regards

Per Gunsarfs

Jul 12, 2016 16:05
Vote:

Hi Per,

I had seen that article and tried all the suggestions it contained and all my VS settings were and are as recommended. The issue is happening in a Bll component project so the code optimization scenario seems a valid cause. It was actually working yesterday and I thought it was caused by the naming of the variable but then it stopped working again today. Frustrating...

Mark

Jul 12, 2016 16:33
Vote:

Clear temporary files and rebuild?

Jul 12, 2016 17:15
Vote:

I've already tried that and it made no difference. It must be a VS debug issue, if I run the code without debugging it does not error. Makes it difficult if I need to debug though...

Jul 12, 2016 17:20
Vote:

Yup. Add some logging with log4net if you need I guess :)

Sounds like you are running in release mode from the error...

Edited, Jul 12, 2016 17:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.