Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating Sitecore to Episerver

Vote:

Greeting,

Do any of you have any experience migrating Sitecore to EPiserver CMS? What to think about and how to do it best?
Are there any documentation for this migration perhaps. Seems that someone must have done this before.

Regards,

Christian

Jun 03, 2016 11:01
Vote:

I'm certified in both. Don't think there is any built tool for it to my knowledge at least. Guess it's the standard issues. Items in Sitecore roughly translates to pages in Episerver. Components maps to blocks etc. I would probably build an export tool in Sitecore that uses the Episerver new REST api to push in content. Most functionally needs to be ported / rebuilt but some integrations can probably be reused if it was built with decent architecture.

Jun 08, 2016 19:37
Vote:

I'd want to add that you can "extract" data from Sitecore using its Content Service. Read more about it here:

http://www.sitecore.net/learn/blogs/technical-blogs/john-west-sitecore-blog/posts/2013/09/getting-data-out-of-the-sitecore-aspnet-cms.aspx

Edited, Jun 09, 2016 9:47
Vote:

Yup...so depends in what solution you would rather be programming. If you have the source of both then both ways are pretty equal. Still take quite a bit of coding though to migrate everything...

Might want to discuss with client to only migrate part of the site and build the rest from scratch. If they have 1000s of press releases etc this is usually prime target for migration while some landing pages etc can easily be recreated by editor instead in new solution. 

Jun 09, 2016 9:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.