Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver forms: layouts or columns

Vote:

Hi

I been thinking about implementing episerver forms on a site and I was wondering if anyone knows if you can create different layouts for episerver forms?

Example: a two column layout form where you have two contentareas where you can add form elements.

I tried creating a new block inheriting from elementblockbase with two contentareas and add that to the form elements contentarea but I was only allowed to add new blocks to those two areas and not form inputs even with allowedtypes elementblockbase added to property.

We could create duplicates of each input example : text, text 50%, textarea, textarea 50%, which render 50% inline inputs but i was hoping that there was a way of creating form layouts so we dont have to create duplicates of each input.

Jun 16, 2016 16:37
Vote:

If you want the editor to decide whether to have one or two columns would suggest that you look at DisplayOptions.

Display Options is a very basic way to let the editor customize rendering of items in a ContentArea, so I suggest that you keep the names as basic as possible such as "Half width" and so on.

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Rendering/Display-options.

Jun 16, 2016 17:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.