Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled blocks caching issue

Vote:

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird caching issue with blocks that have been scheduled to be published at a specific time and date. When the time has passed when you go into the block it is evident from the content and the ‘last published by’ info that it’s published when it’s supposed to.

However, when you go back to the page where the block is being used (or by viewing on the site) the content does not update.

When I check the published delayed content version in admin there doesn’t appear to be a record for the time the block should be published. The scheduling service is set to run every minute.

The issue is only related to blocks and for scheduled pages they are being published with no issues. From my research I am now aware that for scheduled pages there is no event that fires on publish to invalidate the cache and this only occurs when EPiServer blocks and pages are manually published.

I am using episerver 7 and it’s worth noting that the block content will eventually update to reflect what was meant to be published.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

May 24, 2016 13:30
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.