Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

render optional parameters of block

Vote:

I have two optional properties and a required property in the block

[Display(
GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
Order = 10)]
public virtual string Heading { get; set; }

[Required(AllowEmptyStrings = false)]
[Display(
Order = 20)]
public virtual XhtmlString Description { get; set; }

[Display(
Order = 30)]
public virtual Url ButtonLink { get; set; }

and in the view

@Html.PropertyFor(x => x.Heading)
@Html.PropertyFor(x => x.Description)
@Html.PropertyFor(x => x.ButtonLink)

when I tried to create a block in CMS, I could just see the required property 'Description'.
Though the other properties are not mandatory, but I want to see them when I create a block.
Question 1:I could see the optional properties after the block is being created, not sure if it's always the case.
Question 2: If I try to add some content to heading after the block is created, it's throwing an error 'the
insert statement conflicted with the foreign key constraint 'fk_tblWorkContentProperty_tblPropertyDefinition'
the conflict occured in database table tblPropertyDefinition'
Question 3: Is the code written in the view is the right way of rendering the block content?

May 20, 2016 12:10
Vote:

Hi Anusha,

1. Grzegorz wrote a blog post on how to show additional properties on content creation: https://gregwiechec.com/2015/11/show-additional-properties-on-content-creation/
2. Difficult to tell. Happens sometimes in shared db dev environments (where developer don't have their own DB copy). Does it help if you restart IIS?
3. Yes

May 20, 2016 13:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.