Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Automatic publishing of a page type

Vote:

I've been looking for a way to automatically publish pages of a certain type when they get created to save CMS admins from having to do that step themselves. So far I've got a solution that hooks into the CreatedContent event, which checks the type of the content, and then saves it with the publish param. However, while looking through the docs for the event, I noticed this:

This event will be raised along with the PublishedContent or the CheckedInContent if the content item should be published or checked in while created.

This is exactly the behaviour I want, and it seems like it's already available, but I can't find any docs around how to configure this, or find it anywhere in the admin interface. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

May 27, 2016 5:59
Vote:

Don't think there is a setting for this (I may be wrong of course). But some content items don't implement IVersionable and will then be published right away. Like images and files etc in assets.

So created is the event for you. Combined with an attribute or interface that marks pagetype to be automatically published and you should be home. 

Be a bit careful though. Autosave combined with this automatic publishing and other features might result in some pretty interesting bugs on your website.

Edited, May 27, 2016 9:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.