Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating from other CMS to EPiServer 8

Vote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating a website from an old CMS to EPiServer CMS 8. Everything was going fine, I could migrate across pages and assets (images, files etc), however, the links inside those pages are absolute where I wanted them to be relative. For example, current url after migration on episerver looks something like this:

Also, the on files and images, I can see that a new guid is created for each files inside global files folder. If I have to set a URL through an external call (not from the UI edit mode), is there anyway I can do this with just the image name.jpg?

P.S I've been able to set other values (specially the ones that have string datatypes). Couldn't do the same for episerver.URl datatype.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bikram.

Apr 19, 2016 4:15
Vote:

Post some code on how you are processing each link and describe the flow of the migration. Are you doing multiple runs of saving pages and assets? Otherwise it's hard to make internal links.

Jun 19, 2016 21:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.