Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing EPiServer.CMO on existing 9.x install

Vote:

Looking for a little help on how to get EPiServer.CMO installed on an existing 9.0 installation. It looks like its required to install CMS 7.5 first, install CMO, update CMO, and then update CMS to 9. This doesnt work for me as I have an existing CMS 9 installation, so I'm wondering if anyone has manually installed CMO on a CMS 9 install. I'm thinking I may be able to set it up seperately on a vanilla CMS 7.5 install, track the changes and then integrate the cahnges back into my 9 installation. Thoughts, or has anyone found a better way?

Apr 15, 2016 17:14
Vote:

Haven't heard of a better way yet. Guess it's coming...when is anyones guess...

Apr 15, 2016 18:53
Vote:

Thanks for the comment, I figured that was the case. I think im just going to set up the block multivariate testing for now and advise my team to wait till the official release for CMO to get full page multivariate in place.

Apr 15, 2016 19:23
Vote:

Hi, have a look at this thread were I have posted a soluton: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=144905. With this solution you install it do a CMS 9 website. But yes it is not easy sadly since the installation of CMO also requires you to have a couple of services installed on the server for imagehandling and statistics.

Apr 17, 2016 19:44
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.