Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 4 on windows 2008

Vote:

Hello,

I have old Epi 4 application which needs to be setup on windows 2008.

Ican browse my application and epi content is being fetched from upload floders as expected.

But Epi login in not working for both forms and windows authnetication.

Can you suggest what could be done here. 

Regards,

Abhinav

Mar 14, 2016 11:45
Vote:

You need to install the correct version of Episerver on your development machine if you haven't done that. That will set up some services and folders that are needed for edit admin, scheduler and search. 

I would probably set up a virtual machine with supported OS if I got a similar task to avoid some bugs with installer. That's my best advice

Note: current version of Episerver has all files included in appData and www folders so no need to install any services/folders anymore which helps when deploying to cloud etc.

Edited, Mar 14, 2016 12:27
Vote:

Old episerver has a dependency to programfiles catalog, cms6 and earlier. Make sure you have installed the episerver product on you server. EPiServer Manager might not be able to use but the error sounds like your are missing the files in the program files directory.

If you have the files on another server you could try to copy paste them but you will also need services from that version installed on the machine.

http://world.episerver.com/download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/Version-4/EPiServer-CMS-462/

Mar 14, 2016 14:08
Vote:

Yes I am trying to try this. Installed the episerver manager but it is hrowing errors there after.

Checking on settings to install all services and files for Epi 4.

Mar 14, 2016 14:41
Vote:

It will be difficult to get the installer to work on WIN2008 which is why I recommend installing a virtual machine with a supported OS like 2003 or something. 

Mar 14, 2016 17:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.